You have location turned off. To allow freeads to access your location and show ads near you, please turn this on in your devices settings.
"Collection of newly built fortifications abroad" carried out between 1874 and 1890. This book consists of various books includes plans and descriptions of Portsmouth fortifications:
- Fort Wellington
- Fort Gosport
- Fort Grange, Rowner and Brockhurst
- Lumps Battery
- Battery Southsea Castle
Each booklet (also known collection) consists of a top part (of 2 or more pages) and part description (of 2 or more pages). Plans and description has been made in the years 1880 - 1890 by engineers of the French genius. It was the time when France endowed its borders many strong and the study of foreign so strong was of paramount importance.
- The collection: "Portsmouth Place: Fort Wellington" includes a description of 4 size pages 21cm x 31cm and a plan of 1 size sheet 84cm x 31cm.
- The book "Square Portsmouth Gosport Forts" includes a description of 3-size pages 21cm x 31cm and a plan of 1 size sheet 106cm x 31cm.
- The collection: "Place of Portsmouth: Portsmouth Place: Grange Forts, Rowner and Brockhurst" includes a description of 6 x 21cm size pages 31cm and a plan of 1 size sheet 127cm x 31cm.
- The collection: "Place of Portsmouth: Lumps Farm," contains a description of 2 x 21cm size pages 31cm and a plan of 1 size sheet 63cm x 31cm.
- The book "Square Portsmouth Southsea Castle Battery" includes a description of 2 x 21cm size pages 31cm and a plan of 1 size sheet 64cm x 31cm.
The plans describe some some strong defending the harbor of Spithead.
Price of each book "Portsmouth Square" at the price of £ 350 (to be discussed), or all 5 books at a price of £ 1000.
Make Offer £
Sellers other items