You have location turned off. To allow freeads to access your location and show ads near you, please turn this on in your devices settings.
Make Offer £
"Collection of newly built fortifications abroad" carried out between 1874 and 1890. This book consists of various books includes plans and descriptions of Portsmouth fortifications:
- Fort Wellington
- Fort Gosport
- Fort Grange, Rowner and Brockhurst
- Lumps Battery
- Battery Southsea Castle
Each booklet (also known collection) consists of a top part (of 2 or more pages) and part description (of 2 or more pages). Plans and description has been made in the years 1880 - 1890 by engineers of the French genius. It was the time when France endowed its borders many strong and the study of foreign so strong was of paramount importance.
- The collection: "Portsmouth Place: Fort Wellington" includes a description of 4 size pages 21cm x 31cm and a plan of 1 size sheet 84cm x 31cm.
- The book "Square Portsmouth Gosport Forts" includes a description of 3-size pages 21cm x 31cm and a plan of 1 size sheet 106cm x 31cm.
- The collection: "Place of Portsmouth: Portsmouth Place: Grange Forts, Rowner and Brockhurst" includes a description of 6 x 21cm size pages 31cm and a plan of 1 size sheet 127cm x 31cm.
- The collection: "Place of Portsmouth: Lumps Farm," contains a description of 2 x 21cm size pages 31cm and a plan of 1 size sheet 63cm x 31cm.
- The book "Square Portsmouth Southsea Castle Battery" includes a description of 2 x 21cm size pages 31cm and a plan of 1 size sheet 64cm x 31cm.
The plans describe some some strong defending the harbor of Spithead.
Price of each book "Portsmouth Square" at the price of £ 350 (to be discussed), or all 5 books at a price of £ 1000.
Sellers other items