Sorry, the ad you are looking for is no longer available. Please see similar ads below.

View Latest Ads in classes Category.

First Aid and Food Hygiene in Barking and Dagenham



This course is to develop learners' first aid skills to enable them to take initial action to deal with health emergencies that might occur in the workplace.

Who is it suitable for? Anyone who has to deliver first aid as part of their role in either childcare settings or in domestic environments.

No minimum entry levels required but trainees will be assessed for basic levels of English proficiency.
Course content
First aid kit, Action planning Treatment of an unconscious casualty
Resuscitation Choking Asthma and diabetic emergencies
Head injuries Seizures Bleeding Burns Sprains, strains and fractures
Poisoning, bites and stings Foreign objects Administration of Medication
Childhood conditions (e.g. measles, meningitis, croup) Recording and reporting

Do you need to be working to take the qualification? No, but you will need to demonstrate practical skills to complete the qualification

Duration: 2 days Learning Outcome: Level 3 Certificate for 3 years Fee: £95

Level 2 Award in Food Safety in Health and Social Care and Early Years and Childcare Settings (QCF)

What do the qualifications cover? These qualifications will develop the knowledge and skills needed when working with food in health and social care and early years and childcare settings. They cover food safety requirements, contributing to and or promoting nutrition and hydration and supporting individuals to eat and drink.

Who are they suitable for? They are suitable for anyone who may be preparing for a new role or is working in a role that involves handling food safely and supporting an individual with their nutrition and hydration needs.

What are the entry requirements? You should be at least 14 years old. CACHE does not set any other entry requirements but colleges or training providers may have their own guidelines.

How many credits are required to complete them? Food Safety requires 2 credits and the Award in Promoting Food Safety requires 8.

Do you need to be working to take the qualifications? Yes, you will need to be working, volunteering or on practical placement as you need to show competence in both knowledge and skills. If you take the knowledge only unit for the Award in Food Safety you do not need access to the workplace.

How long do they take to complete? 1 day

What related qualifications can you progress to? Other Level 2 or 3 Health and Social Care qualification or Children and Young People qualification depending on your chosen career path.

Which type of job roles can you apply for on completion? They do not qualify you to work but do support you in your current job role or future job roles when dealing with Food Safety and Nutrition.

Fee: £40

Visit web site...

Ad ID: