You have location turned off. To allow freeads to access your location and show ads near you, please turn this on in your devices settings.
Sorry, the ad you are looking for is no longer available. Please see similar ads below.
I am a British citizen that has had the opportunity working in South Korea, Hong Kong, Taiwan and China as an English TEFL teacher!
The experience has been ABSOLUTELY incredible! Now I am working as a recruiter with Meiji in Shanghai and can give an honest account of what to expect and offer my support throughout the application process!
Become a fully-fledged TEFL teacher after receiving training during the orientation week. You will be assigned to a school and gain teaching experience.
Fresh Graduate Programme
This program is designed for fresh graduates with a Bachelor's Degree. No teaching experience is required. The program offers a chance for fresh graduates to obtain extensive TEFL training and job placement while enjoying travelling and experiencing Chinese culture. A yearly contract is on offer and will help you pursue your career in TEFL abroad!
1)Native English Speaker (US, CA, UK, IRE, SA, NZ, AU) and Non English Speaker obtaining B.A. or MA from Native Speaking countries Only Please due to visa issues!
2) BA Degree or Above
3) TESOL or TEFL Required
4) Criminal Background Check
5) Excellent command of the English language, both written and spoken
6) Friendly and Active personality
7) Disciplined and Strong Work Ethics
8) Willing to learn and experience a new culture
1) 10,000 RMB1100+) - 12,000 RMB1300+) a month salary
2) Free shared accommodations throughout the year
3) After working for 5 months, you will get 4000 RMB flight ticket allowance. If you complete the one-year contract, then you will get another 4000 RMB towards an airfare.
4) Reference letters on request
5) Legal working visa and residence permit provided
6) Tour of Shanghai
7)11 National Holidays
8)12-month contract (renewable)
9) Accident Insurance coverage
1)120 hr TEFL qualification is needed
2)Visas and visa administration fees
4)Authentication costs (Around 120)
5)Money for first month in China ( 300-500)
Training and Placement:
1) Orientation and meeting the staff of Shanghai at Meiji!
2) Teacher -training, self-introduction video and DEMO video
3) Continuous teacher-training and tips provided throughout the year
Most of our positions are teaching the 3-12 age range. This is Kindergarten to early middle school. Learners in China are highly motivated and responsive at all ages. They will want to make fast progress and will work hard. Usually they are a pleasure to teach.
All teaching come with accommodation - Teachers could instead take a housing allowance. For the apartments we offer, typically they are better in the surrounding cities (Hangzhou, Suzhou) than in Shanghai itself, due to the higher rent cost. In Shanghai the apartments we offer are a little smaller and usually far from the centre. In Hangzhou and Suzhou we can afford to offer apartments closer to the centre.
In terms of range we can officially say Shanghai, Jiangsu province and Zhejiang province. Typically this area of China has the best weather, the winters aren't as harsh as other parts and it has a hot summer. Pollution is also lower compared to places like Beijing. The economy in this region is also the strongest in China. The region is well developed.
China remains one of the most fascinating places where you can work and live. Its blend of traditional values and modernity represent an eye-opening awakening to the Far East. Although Shanghai can allow you to live a fairly Western lifestyle if you desire, you can also get the chance to truly experience China here. It is easy to find traditional restaurants, Taichi classes and even people playing Chinese chess on the street.